What should I do? Should I still be friends with him?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 3:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Naam
    Participant
    September 8, 2017 at 1:13 am #148566

I have been friends with this guy for about 3 years.But he and I became very close about 1 year ago.He and I share everything about what is happening in our day to day life.He used to call me as soon as he woke up.We talked on phone for long hours like a couple everyday. He always shared his problems with me and I tried to motivate and even solved his problems.Actually he is my classmate.And I shared all my study materials with him.One day I decided to ask him about our relationship.But I found out from other sources that he loved one of my friends.I came to know that he was helping my friend using my notes and motivating her.All my classmates and friends know that I talked to him.My friend that he loved also knew about it.When I confronted him about that he was making excuses.I wasted my time on him.And I felt like he used me.When I told him that we should stop talking and go our separate ways.He told me I have changed and he is not letting me go.The girl that he loved don’t love him

pizzaisawesome
    Participant
    September 8, 2017 at 4:12 pm #148648

Every quality relationship in life is a two-way street. If someone is being selfish for you but not insightful or mindful of your needs, then I wouldn’t waste my time. Life is big and you will meet many people and have the opportunity to make plenty of symbiotic friendships. You have to let go of the old to make room for the new. Living in your comfort zone with one person who doesn’t respect what you’re looking for is a great way to walk down the path of regret

Naam
    Participant
    September 8, 2017 at 4:48 pm #148649

Thank you

aziz
    Participant
    September 8, 2017 at 8:03 pm #148652

Agree with pizzaisawesome.
    I am a guy and I have the same situation, I really like a girl in my class, after talking to her few times she get a feeling that I am into her. Two day ago after the class, i even confess to her that I have crush on her and it is not just crush, it is way more intense than that. I told her everything from the beginning about how I feel about her and she didn’t say anything. After I finish I said “I don’t know if you feel the same but I think you should know that, take care” and then I left. Since than she haven’t replied or said anything :/

Lindsay7894
    Participant
    September 12, 2017 at 9:32 am #148776

I agree with pizzaisawesome. Sounds like this guy doesn’t value you, and for that you should walk away. You shouldn’t accept anything less than what you deserve, just like anybody else. You don’t need that drama in your life

triciamint
    triciamint
    Participant
    September 12, 2017 at 2:03 pm #148791

I don’t think you should even waste your time with that guy. He obviously used you to get to your friend. And just because your friend doesn’t feel the same way about him doesn’t mean you should sympathize with him. Forget him. Move on. You don’t need people like him in our life. Not sure how old you are, but usually in your teens, you rarely find the love of your life. It’s just infatuation. He’s obviously still a boy. Men don’t use other people to get to the girl he wants. He may ask for help from her friends and let them know in ance that he has feelings for her and he’ll need a little push, but he totally kept that from you. He’s not worth it. Stop being friends with him.

Naam
    Participant
    September 13, 2017 at 9:10 am #148780

Thank u for all of ur ice. This guy really used me. And it had been hard for me to trust others.

nicole23
    nicole23
    Participant
    September 20, 2017 at 3:39 am #149631

You should find someone would make you his everything. A girl deserves a person who will make her happy and not hurt her. Move on and continue being yourself, sooner or later you’ll find a guy that you deserve.