not a lover but my best friend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 3:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

missmarymack
    missmarymack
    Participant
    September 12, 2017 at 12:54 pm #148783

my bff and i have been friends for 10yrs now, we bonded over our completely opposite personalities. But lately she’s been driving me nuts. the biggest difference between us is, I’m a do-er and she’s a complainer. example? if i don’t like my current weight enough to verbally complain about it, I will work out and eat healthy to achieve my goal. if she doesn’t like her current weight she will complain about it to anyone who’ll listen then proceed to do NOTHING to change her situation. that’s not my current issue with her tho…
    she’s 20, not planning on attending college, & has only had 1 job in her whole life (her sis hooked her up with it) recently quit that job less than a year into it. she’s looking for a new one, but won’t settle for a place that will actually hire her. she wants a full time, first shift job with a starting wage of at least 9.50, refuses to work food or retail, can’t lift more than 45lbs (dr, orders) , wants benefits, and doesn’t want to deal with customers.

Amy98
    Participant
    September 12, 2017 at 2:22 pm #148796

Don’t worry. She’ll get a reality check soon enough. You cant keep doing nothing but complaining your whole life. She’s young and i guess spoiled. Most people get over it unless everyone around them tolerates it. Don’t be afraid to voice your opinion on this.

missmarymack
    missmarymack
    Participant
    September 13, 2017 at 9:11 am #148784

I tired telling that those stipulations are unrealistic given her lack of experience, and college education. i tried explaining to her that she has more luck in a retail place or something like quad, she blew up at me, yelled a lot, and is giving me the silent treatment right now, i’m just very stressed about this situation and i’m really worried about her. what do i do? i actually cant see this friendship lasting through college (i’m 19) she keeps on reminding me more and more of my semi-abusive step dad, attitude wise anyway, and I just really don’t know what to do. I have always had trouble making friends, and don’t neccessarily wnat to end this froendship. but she just complains about everyone and everythng.

firstandonly
    Participant
    September 14, 2017 at 3:11 am #148979

A true friend would explain these things openly.